Training Available from NCWD
NCWD staff are available to provide training to workforce development professionals on a wide array of topics, which can be customized to the specific needs of an organization. NCWD staff have presented to One-Stop Career Centers, State and Local Workforce Investment Boards, USDOL staff, and other workforce development professionals throughout the United States, in a wide variety of formats and venues including in-service training programs; national, state, and regional conferences; and via teleconferences and webcasts.
Below is a sample list of topics NCWD staff are available to provide training and presentations on. Please note that this list is by no means exhaustive. NCWD customizes and combines topics to meet specific organization and audience needs.
- Universal Accessibility to Meet the Needs of People with DisabilitiesÉ.and All Customers
- Disability Awareness and Etiquette
- Meeting the Needs of People with Disabilities: Legal Requirements and Practical Strategies
- Employment and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Technology and Accommodations for Employment
- Job Development and Placement Strategies for Customers with Disabilities
- Building Partnerships with the Disability Community
- Customized Employment: Individualized, Creative Approaches to Employment Success
- Management of Workforce Development Programs to Meet Diverse Needs
- From Practice to Policy: Developing and Implementing Policies to Meet Needs of Diverse Populations
For further information on NCWDŐs training services, please contact us at 1-888-886-9898 (toll-free voice/TTY) or firstname.lastname@example.org.